Click on the topics for more information about how to bid, pay and collect at the auction.
How does a timed online auction work?
A Timed online auction takes place entirely via the internet. You bid by automatic bidding. This means that you can enter a maximum bid for the relevant lot and the system will then bid for you until you are outbid. You can always increase your bid in the meantime. In case of two equal bids, the lot is awarded to the first bidder, but the other can always increase his bid.
The auctions are closed in stages. This means that 20 lots are closed every 5 minutes. When someone bids in the last 5 minutes, the auction of the relevant lot is extended to 5 minutes, so that the counterparty has enough time to make a higher bid.
You will receive an e-mail up to 5 minutes before the lot closes, if you have bid or are outbid. After that you can only see that in the catalog.
ALL BIDS ARE BINDING AND CANNOT BE WITHDRAWN.
These are the increments:
With every purchase, 30% premium and 1 Euro table money is charged on top of the hammer price.
Please note: resale rights may apply to some purchases.
Tag along right
Tag along right is a compensation paid by the purchaser of a work of art that applies to works of art by living artists and by artists who died less than 70 years ago. Resale right applies to artworks with a transaction value from € 3000, - including premium and table money, excluding VAT.
I.e. from a hammer price of € 2404, -.
The following rate system applies to the tag along right:
4% of the portion of the sale price up to and including € 50,000
plus 3% of the portion of the sale price from € 50,000.01 to € 200,000
plus 1% of the portion of the sale price from € 200,000.01 to € 350,000
plus 0.5% of the portion of the sale price from € 350,000.01 to € 500,000
plus 0.25% of the portion of the sale price above € 500.000
Payment and pick up of your purchases from the March 2023 Auction is possible from Thursday March 23 to Friday March 31, by appointment only.
The auction house is open Monday to Friday and Saturday March 25 from 10 am to 5 pm.
Payments in the auction house
You can pay for your bill in cash or with a debit card. If you pay with a debit card, take your daily limit into account. You can change this (online) at your bank. We don't accept banknotes of 500 euro.
Payments by bank
You can transfer the money to the IBAN below, stating your bid number.
NL12 ABNA 0601 5117 00
DERDENGELDEN REGISTER VEILINGHUIS ONDER DE BOOMPJES
BARGELAAN 2, 2333 CT, LEIDEN, NETHERLANDS
If you want to pay from an account outside the SEPA region, you should contact us regarding additional bank charges. All additional bank charges are borne by the buyer.
Click here for an overview of the SEPA countries.
Payment with Paypal is possible on request. There will be a surcharge.
There are two loading and unloading places in the Nieuwstraat. In the vicinity of the auction house are two supermarkets (Hoogvliet and AH) with parking garages and there is a large underground parking garage under the Garenmarkt.
You can have your purchases shipped (with the exception of furniture, large and / or heavy objects). If you would like to make use of this, please let us know by e-mail.
Protocol for sending parcels:
Do you want to deviate from this and have something shipped without a signature or insurance, for example? Please let us know before we ship.
If you want to have the package shipped via another company, please note that we can also charge administrative costs in addition to the shipping costs.
When will my package be shipped via Myparcel?
Sending a package is the choice of the customer, with which Veilinghuis Onder de Boompjes is indemnified from liability for damage or loss that has arisen from the moment of presentation to Myparcel or another transport company.
We have our own delivery van. For information and a quote for sending furniture, large and/or heavy objects, please contact us at 071-5145832 / firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you want to use another transport service, you must make this known in advance by e-mail or telephone. Please note that the carrier is responsible for packaging the goods.
On request we can send a condition report and / or extra photos of lots in our auction. These requests will be executed during the viewing days. You can send your request to email@example.com.
Conditions are indicated by a letter in the (online) catalog.
|Condition||Paintings, drawings, watercolors and graphics||Glass and ceramics||Furniture & other||Gold, silver and jewelery|
|A||Perfect condition or well restored||Perfect condition||Perfect condition or well restored||Mint condition|
|B||Not cleaned, minimal damage||Flakes, scratches, signs of use, well restored||Signs of use, minimal defects, small flaws||Signs of use, minimal wear, defects and flaws|
|C||Minor visible damage||crack, hairline, minor chips / flaws||Some restoration required before use||Severe wear, defects and flaws|
|D||Bad condition||Bad condition||Bad condition||Bad condition|
We would like to draw your attention to the following in connection with the conditions:
Important information regarding paintings, watercolors, drawings and graphics.
With reference to Art. 2 of the General Auction Conditions, we would like to draw your attention to the following with regard to the paintings, watercolors, drawings and graphics:
First and last name of the painter with date of birth (and date of death): we guarantee that it is a work of this master.
Signed: This means that the signature of the said master appears on the work. However, this addition does not imply that it constitutes any guarantee as to the authenticity of the work in question.
Attributed to / Possibly: in the opinion of the auctioneer possibly a work by this artist, but no absolute certainty about this.
Environment: stylistic similarities with work by the artist mentioned and originating from his time.
Auction terms and abbreviations used
1. The goods are sold straightaway, seen or not seen and are immediately after surcharge at the expense and risk of the buyer, at a premium of 30% of the purchase price.
2. Descriptions in the catalog and all information provided in writing or orally, are deemed to have been made to the best of the auctioneer's knowledge and can never give rise to recourse against the auctioneer, resp. the seller, or cited as a reason for the buyer to withdraw from his obligations to accept and pay for goods. Neither the seller nor the auctioneer are bound by any guarantee, by whatever name.
2a. Contrary to art. 2, the auctioneer is prepared to take back the auctioned gold and silver works (with the exception of gemstones), paintings, watercolors, drawings, bronze sculptures, if the first and last name is stated, against a simultaneous refund of the purchase price and premium, on the understanding that within a period of 10 days after the date of sale proves to the satisfaction of the auctioneer that the description provided is so incorrect that if the correct description had been known to the buyer at the time of the sale, he would have renounced the purchase or would have bought only at a significantly lower price.
2b. The auctioneer is not prepared to take it back if the description was provided orally during the auction. This willingness also lapses if and insofar as the buyer cannot return the auctioned item in the same condition as it was at the time of allotment.
3. Everyone is deemed to have bought for himself and is liable for payment of the purchase price, without being able to rely on an agent or a master.
4. The auctioneer reserves the following rights:
5. Payment must be made in euros, cash, by pin or by bank before the goods can be received.
6. No goods will be issued during the auction.
7. The goods can only be received after the end of each session and on presentation of a receipt. This is also possible daily between 10 a.m. and 5 p.m.
8. The goods must be paid for and collected no later than one week after the last auction day (with the exception of after sales purchases made after the auction week). If the goods are not paid and collected within this period, € 50 per day may be charged, regardless of the amount of the sales invoice.
After-sales purchases made after the end of the auction week must be paid and collected no later than one week after purchase. If the goods are not paid and collected within this period, € 50 per day may be charged, regardless of the amount of the sales invoice.
9. From buyers unknown to us, a hand money may be requested in the amount of 30% of the purchase amount.
10. The table money is 1 Euro per lot.
11. Everyone who participates in the auction must provide their full name, address and telephone number before the auction and be able to identify themselves, after which they will receive a bid number. If desired, this information can be returned after the auction. If not, they will be included in the customer database and will automatically receive an invitation to subsequent auctions.
12. The auctioneer does not guarantee the origin of the items sold. If these may originate from theft, the auctioneer does not accept any liability towards the buyer who is held liable by the original owner of the good to hand over the good.
13. Payment to the consignor of goods sold during the auction can only be made if these goods have been paid for by the buyer. Goods sent in are paid out from four weeks after the last auction day.
14. Nobody will be able to rely on unfamiliarity with these conditions.
To participate in an auction as a bidder, you must register. The registration form is located in the top right corner of the green bar. Click on 'Login' and a login page will appear. Then click on "Create account". Fill in your details and don't forget to accept the terms. After successful registration you will receive an activation email. Activate your account and then you can bid and add lots to your favorites.
The account menu is located in the top right corner of the green bar or at the bottom of the page if you are using a 'handheld' device (eg smartphone).
Bids and Favorites
Click on the "heart" in a description to add/or remove the relevant lot to your favourites. Click in the catalog menu on 'My lots' or on the 'heart' at the bottom of the page if you use a 'handheld' to see an overview of your favorites and bids. You can print this overview by pressing the print icon at the top right.
You can filter on “aftersales” in the menu bar . If you click on "buy" on the lot of your choice, you will see the requested price and below that the price incl. auction costs. Click on “buy” again to confirm the purchase. You will then receive an e-mail with an invoice and you can find the lot in your “Purchases”.